Animal Holding Facility - PetsOnline
PetsOnline provides information on the animals currently held at the Animal Holding Facility (AHF) or Pound.
Contact the Animal Holding Facility if you have any questions regarding the animals listed.
Lost Animals - Releasing an Impounded Animal
There are mandatory holding periods for animals impounded at the Animal Holding Facility.
- When an animal is microchipped or identified by another means (e.g. collar and tag), Council must hold the animal for 14 days for the owner to collect. During this time Council will attempt to contact the owner by whatever contact details are
- Animals unable to be identified to an owner must be held for 7 days to allow the owner collect them.
Should you see your animal on our site, please contact the Animal Holding Facility
Purchasing an Animal
Companion Animals (cats and dogs) held at the Animal Holding Facility are in two categories:
- Animals that are being held for their mandatory holding period of 7 or 14 days, for these animals you will need to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form.
- Animals that are being held after their mandatory holding period has expired (Due Out date) - these animals, if assessed as suitable for rehoming, are available for immediate sale.
Council encourages customers considering buying an animal to come in and interact with the animal that you are interested in before you purchase or place an EOI. You may also contact the Animal Holding Facility if you have any questions regarding the animals listed.
More information on Purchasing an Animal.
Thanks very much for trying to help us rehome as many animals as we can. There are 2 ways you can place your name on an animal.
- If you find an animal you wish to rehome should we be unable to, please contact the Animal Holding Facility and have a hold placed on the animal in your name. Be sure to have the impound number handy. Council staff will contact you if unable to gain any other interest for the animal. Should more than 1 organisation place an interest on an animal, AHF staff will contact organisations in chronological order of when the holds were placed.
- Should you wish to utilise the EOI process please be advised that you do so in the same way that a member of the public would and you will be charged the fixed sale price and any additional fees such as microchipping and lifetime registration may also be applicable.